Monday, August 13, 2007

You dream about being a rock star

What Happened? Where did the Music go? It seems like the day where music actually required some form of musical talent is gone. Now don't get me wrong, there are some very talented artists, singers and songwriters out there, but their numbers seem to be continually diminishing. The thing that's killing music nowadays, in my opinion, is freaking Rap! I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying rapping doesn't require talent, but in my opinion it doesn't take any kind of musical talent. It's just a style of talking fast to a beat made by a computer most of the time. There aren't any kind of instruments 99% of the time, no guitar, drums, nothing. Now, I know, that some artists in this... lets call it a "profession", do actually have some kind of musical talent, and all the better for them, but I still don't consider what rappers do as music.

We really need more talented musicians (singers, songwriters, guitarists, etc.) to refresh the whole current musical world, in my opinion. We need to start getting rid of rap, and making the way for an influx of musicians and bands. I command you, talented musicians, go! Now! And make listening to the radio a better experience!

----------------
Now playing: Reel Big Fish - Kiss Me Deadly
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.