Thursday, August 9, 2007

Into A Made Up World

I made up a world. A bunch of them actually. They're all in one place, it's all canon, I assure you. They're just linked by the thinness of certain places. Not thin in a sense of physical dimensions. But a thin veil between one universe and the next.

They're not just in my mind. I believe that by the power of my imagination, somewhere an alternate universe has split off the infinite others and in it my story is taking place. It would explain why I feel like I'm chronicling actual events, and not just making it up. I get almost a flash of inspiration at times, but that inspiration might not be me, it could be a packet of information that got past one of these thin places, and into my mind.

That doesn't mean I'm not creative, no. It just means that I have the skill to see these flashes from Beyond, and the talent to write out the events in a way that will be suspenseful yet humuorous.

Either that, or I'm a raving lunatic. Wouldn't it be sweet if it was both?

No comments: