Thursday, August 16, 2007

Do It Well, Do It Quick

There are few things I really, truly hate in this world. One of them is laziness.
I am a very organized, very punctual girl. I like things done in the most orderly fashion possible, so that whatever needs done gets down effectively and in the quickest manner possible. It's often "my way or the highway" when I get working in groups; it's why I often opt to work alone. I honestly believe that if you want something done right, you better do it yourself.
I hate having to work with lazy people. Slackers. I can't stand someone who sits around when there is something important that needs to be done. I'm not against vegging out in front of the TV - I whole-heatedly support vegging - but if someone asks you to do something, you sure better get up and get to it.
One of the things I also hate are procrastinators. People who putz around at a job for a few minutes, then say "Oh, I'll be right back, I just need to go to the bathroom..." and you honestly forget about them until they show back up an hour later. Of course when they come back, the job's done and they play stupid. You know they weren't on the toilet for an hour, but you really, really just feel like asking, "Dude, were you having some difficulties in there?"
When I have to work with a procrastinating slacker...ooh, that's when I get ugly.
What happened to the work ethic in America these days? It seems if you can't do it with a click of a button, or hire someone else to do it for you, it just isn't worth doing anymore. The lack of motivation in modern-day America disgusts me. Give me the good days, where you had to work for a living, and when spending twelve hours working in the heat and the humidity made you feel good at the end of the day. Not that I was alive during those "good days"...but man, sometimes I wish I was.

No comments: